Most everyone knows the idea “If you don’t take care of yourself then you won’t be able to take care of others”, But most people aren’t taking care of themselves. People are overworked, focused on goals for the future, juggling different projects, spread too thin and just worrying about life in general. Everyone is so connected to the world, getting caught up in the drama and our lives and our bodies suffer from the stress.
“Caring for yourself isn’t self- indulgent, its self- preservation.” We must do things to balance out the stress in life. Self- care, like taking time for massages, pedicures, exercise, whatever speaks to you, is the “action” of self- love. Self- love is the way you “think” about yourself. We need to not only DO the things that are good for us and make us happy, but also THINK good things about ourselves and think positively. This stuff is basic! But we forget about ourselves. Some people lose themselves along the way, they forget what actually makes them happy.
My 5 step plan for self- love:
1. KNOW YOUR WORTH Your heart, your motives, your accomplishments however big or small, think about these things often and know you are awesome!
2. FORGIVE YOURSELF We’re human-we make mistakes. Stop living in reverse, thinking of the past. Let things go and forgive yourself.
3. GIVE YOURSELF THE GIFT OF TIME In this world of “busy” allow yourself extra time. Extra time in the morning to prepare a healthy lunch, extra time to prepare for your day in a relaxed way…stop rushing.
4. MEDITATE People think meditation is a lofty idea, not so…you can stare at a tree and watch its leaves moving for 10 mins. Add it to your morning routine for 15 mins starting the day with a clear mind that is focused.
5. LET OTHER PEOPLE TAKE CARE OF YOU Massages, facials, foot reflexology treatments…if you haven’t tried any of these services you are missing out on allowing yourself to let go and relax in an awesome way!
The constant repetition of these habits will make sure you are at your best. HAPPY SOUL ~ HAPPY BODY~ HAPPY LIFE~
Perfect for all occasions! Give the gift of wellness, relaxation and self-care.Purchase Gift Certificate
10% off for members of the Military, Police, or Fire Fighters.Book Now
$10 off your first visit with a one-hour massage or one-hour facial. Mention this deal when you book!
(Sorry, not valid on gift certificates and may not be combined with other offers.)
“I love this place. I have seen Joanne for both massage and facial's and she is incredible. I was an LMT for 16 years so it can be challenging for me to find someone I like for bodywork. She's excellent. The feel of the space is so comforting and light. The products used are all organic and smell wonderful. Highly recommend.”
“How to get away from it all? Have a massage or facial or both from Julie! I had both and my experience was total relaxation. She intuitively knew where to work out the stress in my body. No words needed to be spoken. Amazing! At the last minute, I decided to get my brows waxed. PERFECT and no pain! Might have been a ride from Templeton but well worth going to this little heaven on Earth.”
“We're so lucky to have a high-end spa in our neighborhood and not have to pay the high-end prices. I've been going here for years. They use products I've seen at resort spas. They've educated me on the right products to take care of my face. They know what they're talking about!”